Monday, October 04, 2004

 

Tests

Lots of things bugging me at the moment. Chief amongst them that "global test" thing. What Kerry said seemed vary clear to me, it simply seemed to me to mean that before you act pre-emptively you should make sure you can carry your own people along and justify it to everyone else later. Hardly controversial. So the Republican response scares me. Either it's a level of deliverate misrepresentation that goes even further than the "flip flop" stuff, or the Neocons really do believe that America should rule the world. The scariest thing about that being that it would mean that Bin Laden would be as right in his aims as he is wrong in his methods.

Then there's Mount St Helens. Not so much in and of itself, but coming on the back of a run of hurricanes and typhoons it all makes me feel very small and ineffectual, and right now I REALLY don't need that.

Then there's somebody I may see next weekend for the first tim ein several years. It's very easy to deal with a good friend who used to be a lover when she's happily married and generally having a good life. It's not so easy when you know she's having a really rough time but she won't say anything about it. It sort of sits at the back of my mind itching annoyingly.

There are actually several people I care about who aren't saying a lot at the minute. One of them is me. I'm having to force myself to communicate. It must be something in the air.

I'd make a resolution to start talking, phoning and emailing people just because, but I know the main reason I'm largely keeping schtum is that by the time I've done the communication that has to be done in order for me to survive at all, and all the realy easy trivial stuff, I've run out of hours in the day.

I NEED to get healthy.

Latest medical bulletin is that my GP thinks I should stay away from work for a month or two yet. My initial reaction was no way, now I'm not so sure. I tried to get back in working mode last week and it's pretty much led to me losing several days to sheer exhaustion. A mass of blood tests on Friday morning didn't help though.

Now Blogger won't let me post. I'll try again later.

Testing times.
Comments:
Oh yes it did :-)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?